Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is one of several Sedation Dentistry options available in our office to significantly reduce your fears and discomfort.
Benefits of nitrous oxide:
- It’s effective for people with mild to moderate anxiety
- Proven safety record
- Offers an analgesic (pain relieving) effect
- It’s quick-acting, with few side effects
- You don’t need someone to escort you to and from the office
- You can return to normal activities immediately
Nitrous oxide is best suited for cases of mild to moderate anxiety and is the most frequently used sedation method. Under nitrous oxide you remain conscious and able to breathe on your own, with a sense of total well-being (euphoria). Patients generally recover quickly, often with little memory of the procedure. Nitrous Oxide can be used with all treatments performed in our practice.